Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, July 26, 2008

X-Files: I Want to Believe

The X-Files: I Want to Believe was one that you would think I couldn't wait to go see. I've never watched the series so it was a take it or leave it movie for me; but mom, on the other hand, was a big fan of the show and seeing how this show is all about the paranormal - and I LOVE paranormal stuff - it seemed like one I might enjoy so off we went...

As the famous theme tune is whistled over the opening credits, listen carefully and you may hear the gentle chime of ringing tills as Mulder and Scully return for a pointless cash-in on the TV series. I Want To Believe isn’t a terrible film but it’s just not very good either.

Mulder and Scully are called back into action when a disgraced priest starts hearing voices and having visions after two FBI agents disappear.

Void of any monsters, super-natural quirkiness or even a psycho killer, the film fizzles. The only ‘mystery’ in the movie is whether or not the paedophile priest could possibly be psychic – and it’s hard to take this seriously when the priest uses his powers to deduce that the house he’s been taken to isn’t the scene of the crime at all – rather it’s the house opposite. The yellow police tape surrounding the property was probably the biggest clue.

I think it's lost its X factor.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm sorry that this movie was a disappointment. We used to really enjoy the television show. But the movie would probably be better left to a Sunday night made for teevee movie, versus the big screen.

I'm glad you're back doing your movie posts.:)