Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Monday, October 8, 2007

The Jane Austen Book Club

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I've not read any of the Jane Austen books but I've seen a few of the movies based on her books and I've enjoyed them all. Recently, I watched a movie - Becoming Jane - that was loosely based on her life; I enjoyed this one much better.
The Jane Austen Book Club is about Six people who start a club to discuss the works of Jane Austen, only to find that their relationships begin to resemble 21st century versions of her novels. The members of the club are hopeful about love, but helpless when it comes to relationships. The characters in this movie are interesting and likable, the acting is good, and it isn't filled with violence and vulgarity - something that's increasingly hard to find these days.
Mom and I both very much enjoyed this movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.