Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Mad Money

Mom, Sharon (our new movie buddy) and I went to see Mad Money today. I knew this was one to add to our "must see" list as soon as I saw the previews for it, some time back in December.

Bridget (Diane Keaton) is an upper-middle-class Kansas City housewife whose husband, Don (Ted Danson), lost his job in a corporate downsizing and they're now in debt. When Bridget learns that Don is about to put their home on the market, she scans the help-wanted ads and takes a job as a janitor at the Kansas City Federal Reserve Bank, where they shred old, worn-out currency.

After a few days of scrubbing toilets, Bridget comes up with a plan to pocket the cash just before it's destroyed; but to pull it off, she needs some inside help, which she finds in shredder Nina (Queen Latifah) and iPod jammin cash-cart pusher Jackie (Katie Holmes). Bridget trusts her accomplices, but she's soon tripped up by the one factor she never took into account: her greed.

This was a cute movie - no deep thoughts required. Although it had some very funny scenes, I have to admit that I was a little dissapointed. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it, I just expected it to be a little funnier than it was - this is what usually happens when I go to see a movie with expectations; more often than not, I end up leaving with a feeling of being let down.

No comments: