Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Sunday, September 2, 2007

The Lion King

Although mom and I didn't get to see a movie this Labor day weekend, we had plans to take my daughter to the Broadway musical, The Lion King. Unfortunately mom wasn't able to attend, due to an unforeseen family matter, so we ended up inviting her teacher from last year. It's a miracle that we arrived on time since I thought it started at 2:00 only to find out, an hour before the show, that it actually began at 1:00. I guess I was getting the date and time mixed up....I'm not sure but we made it there with time to spare - thank goodness for Michelle and her lead foot..ha!

If you've seen The Lion King movie/cartoon and enjoyed it, you must go see this play. In fact, even if you haven't seen the movie, which I can't imagine, this is a show that you really should purchase tickets for when/if it comes to your area.

As a side note, if you haven't seen the movie...I highly recommend it too!

This musical was amazingly beautiful, absolutely outstanding! I was in awe of all the actors and actresses that performed this show. If you are looking for something to do that the whole family can enjoy, this is it! I would not recommend it for children under 8, just because they may have trouble following along and some parts could be scary for them. However, there were several small children at the play today and I thought they all did very well.

This show was well worth the money spent for the tickets. I absolutely loved it!

No comments: